becoming + two

My first attempt at starting a blog began on March 25, 2010 after receiving some big news. Here are my thoughts from the wee hours of the morning... 

It's been a wild week around our house, so here I am at 5 a.m. deciding to put these crazy swirling thoughts all in one place for prosperity's sake.

As you may have gathered from the title of the blog, we got some huge news yesterday that will forever change our lives - for the better, of course! After finding out we were pregnant about a month ago, yesterday we had our much-anticipated first OB appointment. We were so thankful to find out everyone is healthy and on the right track... the news we got next prompted a rather different reaction. The doctor warned us that we might not be able to get a great ultrasound picture because of the way a few things are positioned in my body. So after much moving and smooshing, studying and hmmm-ing, she asked if we would mind moving to a different room to try another ultrasound machine. We didn't think anything of it. Once we were situated and she was able to get a good picture, she said, "that's what I thought!" What? What did you think? As long as I live, I will never forget the words she uttered next. "There are two babies in there," she says very matter-of-factly.

The following minutes and hours consisted mainly of the following phrases 'Shut up! You're joking! Are you serious? Shut up! I don't believe it! Shut up!' And my personal favorite, courtesy of my sister, 'Am I being punked?'

Needless to say, last night was one of many, many sleepless nights in anticipation of the amazing adventure we are soon to experience! I am overwhelmed with emotions and thoughts, but I rest assured in my faith in a powerful and capable God to provide for every need we will have in the coming months and years.

Well... here we are 16 months later, and I made it. Through the pregnancy, hormone roller coaster, life with newborn twins, working full-time and beyond. I'm sure more details of our twin adventure will make their way onto the blog. But, for now, I'll leave you with a gratuitous photo of my amazing kiddos taken days after they blessed us with their presence...


Comments

Popular Posts